Ftanoona/Tested

What Quran Says About Tested?

(Ftanoona)

Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and that they will not be tested? [29:2] We did test those before them, and God will certainly know those who are true from those who are false. [29:3] Do those who practise evil think that they will get the better of Us? Evil is their judgment! [29:4] For those whose hopes are in the meeting with God (in the Hereafter, let them strive); for the term (appointed) by God is surely coming and He hears and knows (all things). [29:5] And if any strive (with might and main), they do so for their own souls: for God is free of all needs from all creation. [29:6] Those who believe and work righteous deeds,- from them shall We blot out all evil (that may be) in them, and We shall reward them according to the best of their deeds. [29:7] We have enjoined on man kindness to parents: but if they (either of them) strive (to force) thee to join with Me (in worship) anything of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not. Ye have (all) to return to me, and I will tell you (the truth) of all that ye did. [29:8] And those who believe and work righteous deeds,- them shall We admit to the company of the Righteous. [29:9] Then there are among men such as say, "We believe in God"; but when they suffer affliction in (the cause of) God, they treat men's oppression as if it were the Wrath of God! And if help comes (to thee) from thy Lord, they are sure to say, "We have (always) been with you!" Does not God know best all that is in the hearts of all creation? [29:10] And God most certainly knows those who believe, and as certainly those who are Hypocrites. [29:11]

See they not that they are tried every year once or twice? Yet they turn not in repentance, and they take no heed.

[9:126] Whenever there cometh down a Sura, they look at each other, (saying), "Doth anyone see you?" Then they turn aside: God hath turned their hearts (from the light); for they are a people that understand not. [9:127] Now hath come unto you an Apostle from amongst yourselves: it grieves him that ye should perish: ardently anxious is he over you: to the Believers is he most kind and merciful. [9:128] But if they turn away, Say: "God sufficeth me: there is no god but He: On Him is my trust,- He the Lord of the Throne (of Glory) Supreme!" [9:129]

Verily that which ye are promised is true; [51:5] And verily Judgment and Justice must indeed come to pass. [51:6] By the Sky with (its) numerous Paths, [51:7] Truly ye are in a doctrine discordant, [51:8] Through which are deluded (away from the Truth) such as would be deluded. [51:9] Woe to the falsehood-mongers,- [51:10] Those who (flounder) heedless in a flood of confusion: [51:11] They ask, "When will be the Day of Judgment and Justice?" [51:12] (It will be) a Day when they will be tried (and tested) over the Fire! [51:13]

We sent (aforetime), to the Thamud, their brother Salih, saying, "Serve God": But behold, they became two factions quarrelling with each other. [27:45] He said: "O my people! why ask ye to hasten on the evil in preference to the good? If only ye ask God for forgiveness, ye may hope to receive mercy. [27:46] They said: "Ill omen do we augur from thee and those that are with thee". He said: "Your ill omen is with Allah. yea, ye are a people under trial." [27:47]

Has the story of Moses reached thee? [20:9] Behold, he saw a fire: So he said to his family, "Tarry ye; I perceive a fire; perhaps I can bring you some burning brand therefrom, or find some guidance at the fire." [20:10] But when he came to the fire, a voice was heard: "O Moses! [20:11] "Verily I am thy Lord! therefore (in My presence) put off thy shoes: thou art in the sacred valley Tuwa. [20:12] "I have chosen thee: listen, then, to the inspiration (sent to thee). [20:13] "Verily, I am God: There is no god but I: So serve thou Me (only), and establish regular prayer for celebrating My praise. [20:14] "Verily the Hour is coming - My design is to keep it hidden - for every soul to receive its reward by the measure of its Endeavour. [20:15] "Therefore let not such as believe not therein but follow their own lusts, divert thee therefrom, lest thou perish!".. [20:16] "And what is that in the right hand, O Moses?" [20:17] He said, "It is my rod: on it I lean; with it I beat down fodder for my flocks; and in it I find other uses." [20:18] (God) said, "Throw it, O Moses!" [20:19] He threw it, and behold! It was a snake, active in motion. [20:20] (God) said, "Seize it, and fear not: We shall return it at once to its former condition".. [20:21] "Now draw thy hand close to thy side: It shall come forth white (and shining), without harm (or stain),- as another Sign,- [20:22] "In order that We may show thee (two) of our Greater Signs. [20:23] "Go thou to Pharaoh, for he has indeed transgressed all bounds." [20:24] (Moses) said: "O my Lord! expand me my breast; [20:25] "Ease my task for me; [20:26] "And remove the impediment from my speech, [20:27] "So they may understand what I say: [20:28] "And give me a Minister from my family, [20:29] "Aaron, my brother; [20:30] "Add to my strength through him, [20:31] "And make him share my task: [20:32] "That we may celebrate Thy praise without stint, [20:33] "And remember Thee without stint: [20:34] "For Thou art He that (ever) regardeth us." [20:35] (God) said: "Granted is thy prayer, O Moses!" [20:36] "And indeed We conferred a favour on thee another time (before). [20:37] "Behold! We sent to thy mother, by inspiration, the message: [20:38] "'Throw (the child) into the chest, and throw (the chest) into the river: the river will cast him up on the bank, and he will be taken up by one who is an enemy to Me and an enemy to him': But I cast (the garment of) love over thee from Me: and (this) in order that thou mayest be reared under Mine eye. [20:39] "Behold! thy sister goeth forth and saith, 'shall I show you one who will nurse and rear the (child)?' So We brought thee back to thy mother, that her eye might be cooled and she should not grieve. Then thou didst slay a man, but We saved thee from trouble, and We tried thee in various ways. Then didst thou tarry a number of years with the people of Midian. Then didst thou come hither as ordained, O Moses! [20:40]